I walked every street in Woy Woy

Sunday, January 22, 2006

In other news

(Originally posted 5th of August 2005)

My basil is dead. I've been nursing it for a week or so and today it turned up its toes.

No idea what killed it. Maybe not enough sun. I don't know. The label says 'full sun or part shade' and it's been in the kitchen window where it gets the afternoon sun. I'll get another one and try again.

One of the Dear Old Things may have joined the basil on the other side. There was an ambulance in the driveway this morning and a small silent crowd of neighbours outside her flat. The ambulance guys were in there for yonks then one of them came out for the trolley and the back board. Fifteen minutes later I saw the same ambulance going full tilt down the main road, sirens wailing. Not a good sign. Poor bugger. (UPDATE, January 2006: She did join the basil, poor thing. Massive stroke. She lived a few days in hospital then didn't wake up.)

It's been a big week for ambulance activity. They've been howling up to the F3 (Newcastle to Sydney freeway) nearly every day this week and I've been woken up in the middle of the night by sirens a couple of times.

But it's not all doom and gloom and death. One of my recently acquired daisy bushes is hale and hearty and has a flower ready for tomorrow's sun.

Next walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home